FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CheapOair.com refused to give me refund after canceling my tickets
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:18 pm
paperwastage

Originally Posted by vincewy
Now the question with OneTravel (I think this is related since it's owned by CheapOair)

If my dates and flights are concrete with no possibility of changing, is it safe to book with them? ie Tickets don't get cancelled so I don't get stranded, etc.

I understand it's a huge hassle with a lot of fees changing dates and/or cancelling, which seem to be almost 100% of the complaints I've heard.
there have been cases where OTA drops the ball (they didn't ticket, or pulled ticket from airline carrier last minute, leaving you stranded at the counter)

or when OTA books you with throw-away ticket or non-protected connections

and some cases where you go back-and-forth between airline and OTA during IRROPs, and you cannot contact OTA because they dont' have enough 24/7 phone support

<these cases above probably won't happen when buying thru airlines, though it may happen if you have multiple airlines within a ticket and each airline refuses to take the ball>

and some cases where you don't FF credit because it's a bulk ticket (or do get better FF credit on United because it's a bulk ticket)

your choice to take these (minuscule?) risk. these risks vary from OTA to OTA. mitigate it with (credit card) insurance, or be prepared to roll with it and treat it as more days away from work