FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Blocking/Disability Override
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:44 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by callsignapollo
No one "wants" to be disabled. Disabilities impact people in different ways.

My word. I forgot how toxic the FT community is. I don't need to justify anything. My question was fairly straight forward.

For the record, it was blocked for airport use which gives the GA's discretion to allocate to passengers. It wasn't blocked on the return route. The agent didn't tell me I couldn't have an exit row - they said they can't release it for disability reasons and keep an exit row on another leg. It seemed to be a process issue on their side.

In any case if they do want to challenge me on it, I have the proper ID and carry it with me just in case people do decide they know what pain I do and don't experience.
Originally Posted by callsignapollo
Bit of a grey area here so I thought I would ask the people of FT.

I have a lot of metal and a history of injuries in my leg/arm. It's not a strength/capability issue, but certainly a comfort/pain issue.

I have a Y ticket with my wife on a 772ER, and requested 56A/C as they were seat blocked and not allocated. DL agreed to assign them to me given my situation, but had to re-assign our exit row seats for our other domestic leg.

Those exit row seats are still available. If I change back to them now, what are the chances I will lose 56A/C on that particular leg?

The exit row agreement is "willing/able" which is indeed still the case - thoughts?
In your OP, you asked for 'thoughts'. Well, you got them so don't complain and call us 'toxic' when you don't like what opinions you were given. Oh, sorry, I guess you only wanted to hear thoughts that agree with your actions.

WRT "The agent didn't tell me I couldn't have an exit row - they said they can't release it for disability reasons and keep an exit row on another leg", I'm not sure how that is different than what I said. That is, if you claim to be disabled enough to warrant unblocking the seats that you wanted - which are presumably the best (or only pair of?) seats left or you would have selected others - on the basis of medical need on one flight, how do you magically become not medically bad enough to disqualify you from exit row seating on another?

Again, you are trying to justify forcing your way into one or the other set of the seats you want by changing your level of need and it isn't passing the smell test to me.