FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:39 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Applied for an Ink Cash for a new business and got the 30-day message.

I have three other Chase cards (legacy UA VI Signature Platinum Class, MP Explorer, and Chase Freedom). I had been considering moving the CL from the Explorer to another card and then closing it, and then downgrading the legacy UA card (one of my oldest accounts), but I had read elsewhere that Chase does a hard pull when you call to ask about moving CL around, and so I was originally going to wait to do that until after getting approved for the Ink Cash (to avoid the hard pull affecting anything).

So now that I'm in 30-day limbo, should I go ahead and proactively take care of the changes (thus lowering the number of open cards I have with Chase and probably lowering my overall CL as well), which might either make the analyst approve my card or help me if I do have to call reconsideration later, or should I leave things be for now (and maybe use those as negotiating tools if I have to call reconsideration later)?

Definitely not subject to 5/24 (I think I might have one new card in the last 2 years? Two at most), but the fact it's a new business might be making them slightly suspicious. (Yes, I applied with my real EIN [and then my personal SSN on the subsequent page], and I can supply sales tax certificates and all that if they end up asking.)

Oh, one other thing--I do have LifeLock and typically get a phone call almost within minutes of an inquiry. No phone calls from them yet, and it's been about an hour since I applied. So either LL is being slow or Chase hasn't yet run my credit.

Last edited by jackal; Jun 13, 2017 at 3:49 pm