FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-2017 GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles Int’l. Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:42 am
zpaul

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
You are incorrect. Even though BA isn't part of the TSA Precheck program itself, if you check in with AA and AA issues your boarding passes for your onward connecting flights on BA, then even your boarding passes for your BA flights will have Pre on them because AA (the company issuing the boarding passes) is a member of Pre. Now, if you get the boarding passes from BA directly then they won't have Pre on them.
Afraid we're getting a bit OT, but here's my contribution:

I think it's good to point out that this is a recent (maybe last two years?) change - IIRC, initially I never received PreCheck for international flights regardless of the airline. Then it changed to needing to be on the PreCheck-affiliated airline all the way, and now it seems to be as it is described above.

This year I've flown AA domestically with connections to LA, and I have had PreCheck on my AA and LA BPs when all BPs were issued by the AA station at DEN and ORD.

I have NOT had PreCheck on the BPs for my LAN-only flights where I originated in JFK, for example, with no prior connecting leg on AA.