FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWABIZ Travel Funds?
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:28 am
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I found this:

Contact SWABIZ 888-479-2249 Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm CST

I just called my wife's employer and they tell me that I can use any of her employee travel benefits/codes myself, alone, for personal travel. Airfare, rental car, hotel. I imagine it's one of those deals where there is a minimum spend the enrollee must meet annually, so they are happy for people with even tenuous legitimacy to use the codes.

I just went to her employer's website and it lets me pull up WN fares and shows the original fare with a line through it and the SWABIZ fare alongside. Looks like it's ready to go.

And Google is your friend when it comes to finding SWABIZ codes for specific businesses.
My guess is that you'd run very little risk using one for some random company.

I just tried to book a roundtrip 8/2 to 8/4 MDW-RIC through her employer's site. Got this:

"Published scheduled service between (Chicago - MDW) and (Richmond - RIC) does not begin until 08/15/2017. Please select an alternate date or choose another origination/destination. Some flights may only operate on specific days of the week. View Schedules Online for additional flight information. (SW100101-f_spGdT0RTO4xyG5n_iVuA)"

But I know that is not right, as a search at WN's website will show. EDIT: I can pull up MDW-RIC on my iPhone ,, but not on a desktop. Gives that same error.

Changed to 8/16-- 8/17 and it appears to work.

Pre-8/15 MDW-BWI is fine.

So there are some quirks to work through it appears.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jun 13, 2017 at 11:43 am