FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWABIZ Travel Funds?
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:37 am
rsteinmetz70112

Originally Posted by david2son08
For what its worth, I just called the SWABIZ number and was told that the travel funds are restricted to the person that they were originally booked under, regardless of whether the ticket was booked under SWABIZ, or not.

Now, its completely possible that I got bad information--many times different reps tell you different things, but that is what I was told by this rep, FWIW.

If you are told differently, please get the name of the SWA rep that told you differently, so that I can reference them when I call back.

My company has about $250 of funds broken out under 21 different reservations that would be nice to combine, which is why I called when I saw your post.
I was told differently, but I didn't write the person's name down. The person I spoke with was with Southwest Group Reservations (1 888 433 5368) not a special SWABIZ rep. I could not find a specific number for SWABIZ. She seemed very sure of herself, unlike the first person I spoke to at the normal 800 number.

She told me the reservations had to be made under a SWABIZ account and that Customer Relations would issue a LUV voucher for TTF. We did not go into combining multiple TTFs, although that would be a huge advantage.

There is this odd paragraph on the SWABIZ Enrollment Form.

When a Ticketless Travel reservation is canceled or not flown, the funds for refundable or non-refundable fares shall be electronically stored for up to twelve (12) months from the date of original ticketing. Company shall be responsible for maintaining records regarding such funds. Authorized business travelers of Company may request a refund on behalf of Company for such refundable funds or request an exchange of non-refundable funds for future travel on Southwest by calling Southwest reservations at (800) I-FLY-SWA, identifying themselves as SWABIZ travelers, and providing the reservation locator and the CID.
It doesn't exactly say SWABIZ TTFs are usable by other travelers, but it doesn't say they are restricted to the original traveler either. This also seems to conflict with the no show policy as "cancelled or not flown" seems to include no-shows. But it could be just an old statement, one of Southwest's typical ambiguities, or it could be a real benefit.

If this paragraph doesn't modify the standard policies, what it the point of it? A much simpler statement like " All travel is subject to Southwest's standard terms and conditions." would seem sufficient.