FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uberpool / Lyft Line good to use in San Francisco Area?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:29 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My UBER Pool routings have been generally much better than the Lyft Line ones. (Caveat - I've used Pool much more than Line, and most trips are entirely within the Oakland/Berkeley area.)
I had a Lyft Line routing fail yesterday. Arriving SFO, UBER was showing $60+ for both Pool and X (which was a shocking, over double the high end of Pool rates I'm used to), so I chose Lyft Line (in the $30s). First, the driver didn't move for over 5 minutes after accepting the ride (I assume waiting for another guaranteed pickup). Then he did get another ride "en route" (other terminal) - total accept to pickup time was over 10 minutes. The stop was in San Francisco. I have never ever had UBER route a pool to get off the freeway in SF if my destination isn't within SF (and for those unfamiliar with the area, getting back on the freeway in SF is a production).

Initial driver delay plus "en Lyft route" stop added about a half hour to what would have been a 25 minute drive at that hour.