FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Cars With Adaptive Cruise / Lane Keeping?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:30 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Chk6
I'm going to be renting for 10 days and wanted to check group consensus regarding Hertz vehicles with adaptive (or intelligent) cruise control and hopefully lane keeping functions. My trip is long, and I've become accustomed to using both on my daily driver. I'm booking in full or premium class.

By the way, I was surprised to find both features on a 2017 Corolla which I was provided a few weeks ago (a downgrade from full, due to lack of availability).

Thanks for your thoughts.
Once upon a time, probably three or four years ago, I rented a Volvo S60 from Hertz in Vancouver that had both options.

The car basically drove itself. And this was before anybody but Google had any news about a self-driving car. Though it didn't do too well when the pavement markings had faded...you still had to pay attention and be ready to grab the wheel.

Since that time, I have probably rented 50, or who knows, maybe 100, cars from Hertz (mostly PCARs as a PC). I have not once had either adaptive cruise or lane-keeping on anything. Granted, the majority of those reservations have been filled with Chevy Impalas, but still. I've had precisely zero.

So if that gives you any indication of your chances, there ya go.

That said, a family member recently picked up a Corolla from the UC aisle in MCI and it apparently had adaptive cruise control (or at least the car braked when the car in front supposedly slammed on its brakes!). I guess I need to stop turning down Toyotas.