FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who are the ugly DMs?
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:47 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yannerd
....What's also interesting is that in her opinion, positive comment cards don't mean anything nor help with promotions and such but negative comment cards will get the crew members an immediate talking to from management.
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
.....That's absolutely true. That's why I've stopped writing compliments and instead buy them gifts like chocolate.

Interesting.

I've heard the same thing about the compliment cards from ISMs at CX and AC and worse, exactly what yannerd posted.

How sad is that?

The chocolate part is interesting.

Crews do not expect gifts in appreciation of their service but still, it's a nice gesture.

On a recent CX flight, I was so impressed with the ISM and FAs who served the cabin that I wanted to find a way to make the long flight more enjoyable. I bought everything chocolate that the onboard duty-free had and gave it as gifts - with cards included - to the ISM and her team as well as the captain and his team.

I don't need to post the reaction, but I wanted to make sure they knew I wasn't doing it for any additional onboard service or benefits, but just a way to say thanks for being awesome.

As you know, I am neither MPC, nor DM, nor a "local" as it were. I choose to fly CX and I pay for J. Not every flight is great, but when a crew stands out, how can you not say thanks with a gift.