FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines Says Job Cuts Are Possible
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:36 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by SQveteran
I just hope the longer term review addresses among other things loyalty programs.
One thing I think the myopic singular focus on J & F passengers is a folly they need to address. Sure J & F provide a lot of revenue, but surely they're not the only profitable passengers.

It struck me when when comparing a $6k SGD fare to ZRH in business, and a couple of weeks later an economy to CGK for almost $1k return (admittedly CGK-SIN was so heavily booked across all carriers such that if my SQ waitlist didn't come through - I was going to get GA from CGK to Batam and catching the ferry ..).

Anyway for ZRH J fare, you accrue PPS dollars and 16,000 elite miles. For the $1k fare you get just 1100 elite miles. I'd hazard a guess the margin on the $1k fare is much higher.

Even economy fares, it favours long haul .. lot more 21,000 elite miles for a flexi $2k return from MEL-LHR vs the high value short flights like CGK that get 5% of the miles for 30% of the cost ....

Last edited by lokijuh; Jun 12, 2017 at 8:58 pm