FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa (SkyTeam) to enter partnership with Ryanair
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:44 pm
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't buy the customer relations dimension nor the safety arguments: as regards CR, talking of "utter contempt" strikes me as massively overblown hyperbole just for criticising the change to the seat allocation system. As regards safety, all that I have seen is little other than rumours propagated by individuals or entities with an axe to grind rather than solid, reliable evidence of a systemic problem.

On the other hand, you have convinced me on the employment front and I must thank you for bringing this to my attention. While I was aware of some previous practices, I had not realised the degree of prevalence of so-called 'gig economy' type practices to avoid the application of social legislation. Ryanair thus goes back to my list of airlines to avoid.
I do hope that you are equally vocal in your criticisms of other companies that have adopted similar and/or identical dubious employment practices, like Uber or Amazon.