FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:47 pm
andrelux

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Traditionally when BA substitutes an aircraft without a First, they treat it as a cancellation rather than as a downgrade. I doubt you will get the 75% unless you are prepared to escalate it beyond BA and even then it's not a done deal, there have been big arguments in previous years' threads about this point.

On the other hand, because it is part of the Tour Package Regulations, you may get a sympathetic hearing in terms of not getting what you paid for. I would start with BA Holidays on the telephone first to see what they can do to remedy this.
D'you know, I kind of suspected something of the sort... in line with the kind of tricks I felt BA would resort to. Hence flight A cancelled, replaced by flight B, same flight number but 5 minutes earlier so not an **exact** substitution...

I'll take your advice and start with BA Holidays. As things stand, the total amount to be paid hasn't changed, even though the class of travel has.