FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:37 pm
pomkiwi

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Thanks for this comprehensive thread. I have tried a search but not seen anything that exactly fits with my question.

I have a 2-4-1 booked for myself and a friend travelling to JNB. My friend has a serious illness which was known before booking and it is possible that this may prevent travel. In the event that in the end she is unable to travel I am aware that I am not able to transfer her ticket to my daughter without cancelling the whole booking and taking the chance that both seats go back into the redemption pool (very unlikely I fear).

I would still want to travel on my own in any event (it is too close to cancel the safari trip and I would not be able to get my costs back on travel insurance although she probably would). Am I able to cancel her seat in advance but keep mine - no return of companion voucher but charges returned? Alternatively are both my outbound and inbound flights safe if she simply fails to show for the outbound flight?

Hopefully it will all be fine but advice on the best way to proceed if not would be very welcome. Thanks.