FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:51 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
If I only count personal cards, I just dropped to 4/24 on June 2. How many people have had success applying for the SW Business then the SW Personal when starting at 4/24?

My own data points indicate that my Chase Biz cards aren't being counted. I was def at 5/24 on personal and 6/24 counting Chase Biz cards when I applied for my United Biz card a couple months back. It did go pending, then got denied, after which I lowered my credit lines on other cards and called recon and was approved while already at 5/24.

But since this was another Biz card, I don't think it increased my 5/24 count and another personal card has since rolled off. So it seems I should be considered 4/24 and good to go.

Also, what should I go for to maximize bonus offers (current extra bonuses compared to normal) for future vacations:

SW Biz and/or Personal
Hyatt
United Personal
Marriott Biz or Personal

(I'm waiting on Sapphire Preferred until I cancel my Reserve card to avoid the AF next Jan.)

Also are the AFs on any of these still waived in branch?
Why the "if I only count personal cards"? With various free ways to check your credit report, you should simply count how many bank cards on your credit report show an "opened on" date in the past 24 months (since that's what Chase does), and not try to estimate it.

I'd have much more faith in your "biz cards don't count" analysis if you had verified on your credit report that your N/24 count was indeed accurate (either at the time of the United Biz app, or at least now).

Keep in mind there are other things that can keep cards from showing on credit report besides being business cards. For example, a new card that was just opened may take a month or more to show up on your credit report, which means that if you opened another card soon before you applied for your United Biz then Chase may have seen a different count on your credit report than your estimate calculated.

Meanwhile, Cap One business credit cards do count, since they show up on credit reports.

So that's why the best way to determine your N/24 count is to actually look at your credit report, not to guess based on supposed rules you think you know (but which may not be 100% accurate, such as your apparent assumption that "everything other than business cards counts").