FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:50 am
Saral

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Scottydogg
Anyone know how to cancel the Creation card and get the free night stay that comes after the £10,000 spend
Ive just hit my £10,000 spend target on the IHG Rewards card for the free night stay that credits on the annverisary which is July 22nd . I spoke to 2 people on the phone from Creation to try and get some info on not using the card in the second year but getting the reward night to credit my account . They were adament that I would be charged £99 if I don’t cancel before the 22nd of July , the only option to avoid getting charged again was to cancel and therefore surrender ever getting that voucher . He was making out that the free night voucher is a perk of taking out the card for the second year . Can anyone confirm about this , he was saying what I was trying to do was to find a loop hole that doesn’t exist . I said that if I didn’t use the card after the 22nd then they can’t charge me , he said that they would and that I wouldn’t be able to get it back in anyway
Starting to feel like I wasted a lot of spending on this card trying to get a perk that seems to be out of reach
I know it isnt much help but this is the wording for the free night in the t and c's, to see if you can pick anything out of it

Free night voucher: On the anniversary of your account opening, so long as your account remains active, you will earn one free night voucher to redeem at any IHG property, provided you make annual Purchases totalling a minimum of £10,000. Annual purchases are calculated from your account opening date to the day before the first anniversary, and thereafter on an annual basis. This offer is subject to your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card account remaining in good order.