FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex DUB logistics and positioning | clinic thread
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:45 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for sharing that experience, I presume this was the European queue. There is a report out there that may be a way of doubling back to airside before the passport control, at least from the 200 gates, it would be good to check the viability of this route. I'm not sure what the state of the e-gate project is in the DUB.

The one point which is worth re-iterating is that it is best to avoid the Flight Connections route. It closes in the afternoon (and they only put the sign up for this at the last stage) and it seems to me to be slower than using landside Fast Track on the whole. Broadly speaking afternoons are quieter in DUB anyway.

I don't agree with the 90 minute suggestion, in a way what happened to you - a delayed arrival and delayed departure - shows the value of a back to back. The 90 minute suggestion on a poor weather day could lead to a worthless longhaul ticket.

And yes, if you have First Wing access, always use that, particularly from DUB, and particularly before 16:00 hrs, when Flight Connections are busiest. From DUB Flight Connections is the long way around!