FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:39 am
bbriscoe34

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
You probably know, but since you didn't mention it I will: S/W cards are all 5/24 cards.
If I only count personal cards, I just dropped to 4/24 on June 2. How many people have had success applying for the SW Business then the SW Personal when starting at 4/24?

My own data points indicate that my Chase Biz cards aren't being counted. I was def at 5/24 on personal and 6/24 counting Chase Biz cards when I applied for my United Biz card a couple months back. It did go pending, then got denied, after which I lowered my credit lines on other cards and called recon and was approved while already at 5/24.

But since this was another Biz card, I don't think it increased my 5/24 count and another personal card has since rolled off. So it seems I should be considered 4/24 and good to go.

Also, what should I go for to maximize bonus offers (current extra bonuses compared to normal) for future vacations:

SW Biz and/or Personal
Hyatt
United Personal
Marriott Biz or Personal

(I'm waiting on Sapphire Preferred until I cancel my Reserve card to avoid the AF next Jan.)

Also are the AFs on any of these still waived in branch?