FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines Says Job Cuts Are Possible
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:43 am
SQveteran

Programs: SQ [TPP 20]
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Nowadays companies are reducing costs. Business travellers rarely have our voices over our preferences.
Premium corporate travellers fly ME3 rather than SQ.

I have seen very reasonable long haul premium fares. But still can't beat those offered by QR.

Plus deteriorating inflight service, poor J seats cubby foot rest, over crowded lounge in SIN. SQ in need to revamp fast!

Travel budgets have been under stress for some time though I managed to bend the corporate rules for 20+ years and I know I’m not the only one.

The big challenge for SQ is their shrinking market share in the premium air travel market and it does not help SQ and the Singapore air hub that Emirates, Qatar and Etihad have been ramping up services to and from Singapore in recent years with high quality product. SQ have lost loyalty as evidenced in reductions in PPS membership, a problem which is traceable back to sweeping loyalty program changes made ten years back when the airline felt loyalty was a liability and culled membership.

It’s fixable; SQ can and will take near term action to return to profitability. I just hope the longer term review addresses among other things loyalty programs.