FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:44 pm
Joe1690

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by bedelman
I too have faced some errors by Amex PTS. In my experience, Amex records all calls, and the right people at Amex can listen to these calls to confirm agent errors. Not saying it's easy to reach these people, but worth a try.

What you describe seems to me actionable in small claims court. That would certainly get attention from a higher tier at Amex compared to ordinary customer service staff or customer relations staff.
Bedelman, Thank you for the advice. Just this morning when I reached out to again have my name changed I reached a sympathetic agent who did reissue the ticket with my correct name and she waived the additional fee but unfortunately she was not empowered to issue me a credit for the fare difference. However, she did put me in contact with the team that does handle these types of issues and they told me it would take 6-8 weeks to investigate. Seems like a rather long time but I am hoping that they are able to resolve. Otherwise I will explore other options.