FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:45 am
bedelman

Originally Posted by Joe1690
However, one thing I will say is that I just booked a flight that was supposed to be at a savings with this program and the fare repriced when the rep was trying to book and she never told me so not only did I get stuck paying the $39 fee but also paid the regular price of the ticket. As such, this has a left a sour taste in my mouth since I am wondering now if the prices quoted are legitimate or just teaser prices that refare during the purchasing step to the regular ticket price. Now I am paying approximately $200 more than the quoted amount and they are refusing to waive the fee and refund the ticket or honor the original price quoted which for a premium card is unacceptable. If they had told me that the fare was no longer available I would have instead booked with the airline directly or held the ticket with the airline to see if the price went down.

Even worse, I just received my reservation confirmation and the agent did not add my middle name which is on my passport. I specifically asked her to add my middle name, she even had me spell it and then read it back to me, yet on the airline ticket it only has my first and last name. Now American Express wants to charge me $39 to have the name corrected which was there error. For such a premium card there execution clearly sucks.
I too have faced some errors by Amex PTS. In my experience, Amex records all calls, and the right people at Amex can listen to these calls to confirm agent errors. Not saying it's easy to reach these people, but worth a try.

What you describe seems to me actionable in small claims court. That would certainly get attention from a higher tier at Amex compared to ordinary customer service staff or customer relations staff.