FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:14 am
QR27

Programs: QR Privilege Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
With apologies for repeating a question I raised earlier in this thread (post # 406) what are the experiences of people who have successfully changed the first departure and/or last arrival point of their QR itineraries from the likes of CAI (or any other impacted airport) to a suitable alternative (e.g. AMM, BEY) as far as which party (i.e. the passenger or QR) picks up the tab for the necessary positioning flights (e.g. CAI-AMM and AMM-CAI)?

Does QR bear the cost of these additional flights, or are they telling the passenger to pay? Is QR more amenable to bearing this cost if the additional flights are on OW airlines (e.g. RJ)?

Thank you.
I managed to get myself rerouted from RUH-DOH-PHL to RUH-KWI-DOH-PHL. This was suitable for me as I already had a 5 hour layover in DOH so it doesn't actually add any extra time onto my journey. Qatar Airways changed this for me and covered the extra flight from RUH-KWI with Kuwait Airlines. They also changed my DOH-PHL from a U class to an R class ticket which is very nice of them.