FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmanZoe (Greece)
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:05 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by Ericka
Wonder if that was our room or something very close to it. #21
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...amanzoe-1.html
It was 26. I have had the same room every time I've stayed as I like how close it is to both the main restaurant and main pool. Amanzoe opened and had 4 room types: sea view, sea view deluxe (12ft long pool), valley view and valley view deluxe, so the only difference was the view and size of the pool. They then changed it just to pool or deluxe pool, and now they've changed it back again.

I think 27 has a larger pool and would therefore be a sea view deluxe. When I took my dad a few years ago, I put him into a sea view deluxe and we never ended up using the pool. They also didn't put us next to each other and it was a pain whenever I wanted to go see him.

Originally Posted by pauljeff
The key question, of course, is will you go back soon?
​​​​​
I said before their response that I would likely return, so yes, post their response, I'll give them another go, probably mid-September just after we come back from South Africa/Madagascar.

Originally Posted by kamel123
It gives me the impression Aman believes somehow that normal standards of hospitality don't apply to them. They are Aman, so it's fine if they make guests wait 30 minutes for the bread basekt at breakfast. If guests then complain, it means they are peasants who don't get what Aman is? I would have checked out after a couple of nights.
I unfortunately feel there is truth in this from other Aman resorts I've stayed at, but at least here they've taken it seriously. The fact that Amanzoe is almost 100% occupied during 4 months of the year and that there is no competition is very reminiscent of Amangiri, where they can charge high prices and not offer a service that would be expected at that price point.