FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR DOH-USA flights: electronic devices permitted on ALL flights
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:26 pm
travelswithmyself

My recent experience: DPS-DOH-LAX

. DPS did not ask me for electronics
. DOH did not have a sign which directed people to the packing counter, and as I queued for security no one asked me about electronics
. however, because I had read this forum, I left the queue and specifically looked for the counter which turned out to be just outside the gate
. there is no sign, and it was staffed by two pleasant packers
. because my flight was delayed arriving into DOH, I was amongst the last to board. However there were still 3 in front of me - therefore give yourself plenty of time
. my items were wrapped up as per previous experiences
. however I was not given the form to complete while waiting for them to wrap it - so ASK for it and fill it up while they wrap (takes about 3-4 minutes per item, they're quite thorough)
. process after wrapping is as described previously - you keep a copy of your form and eventually a tag number appears on your QR app

. I had a small compact camera with me which I forgot to include; however after the initial security staff showed it to someone senior it was waved through

. at LAX all the boxes seemed to be marked with the priority tag, they were placed on the floor just next to the baggage belt
. retrieval was by handing over and verifying the form, and signing off on the agent's clipboard
. despite there being about 30 boxes mine was found easily
. no place to recycle the boxes, several of us (me included) were overloaded with baggage so opted to open the boxes there and leave them next to the belt. I did my best to make it easier by flattening out my box and rolling up the bubble wrap nicely

There were about 3 people handling the distribution of boxes but I was amongst the first of the passengers there so there was no crowd. I can imagine once the bulk of the passengers arrived it would get crowded easily, and would probably be hard for them to control and maintain security over the boxes. Added to that is that there is little space between the belts in LAX Terminal B and they plonked themselves next to a pillar in between.