FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated ANA in-flight wifi thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:28 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Yeah I'm sure no one reads that and even if they do, nothing will get addressed.

Can't you file a chargeback?

I knew there internet was garbage when they used to give out free 15min/100mb internet.

I thought about it for a few seconds but it was $19.95 and it's done. I'm not inclined to waste time with a chargeback for that amount.

I rationalized that drinking the Krug was the compensation for the poor wifi.

I would add though, that I would never recommend paying ANA for wifi. While I have a colleague who flew the 787 from YVR and his wifi worked, it did not for me and all the other pax on my flight.

Also, there is nowhere near the value in terms of speed of data when it did work as compared to the same money or less that I paid on BR, LH and AA (LAX-LHR) who use the same wifi provider and service was great.

As I mentioned upthread, my observation is that it was poor form for a CP to have no ability to offer F or even J pax a voucher as compensation (as LH did for me once). Either ANA doesn't consider these things to be part of their customer service protocol, or the crew are trained to direct the pax to the info on the wifi card, as the CP did to me.

Also annoying was that - again, unlike the T-Mobile DT service on the other 3 - once I paid for ANA wifi, I never received an email with the purchase receipt. It obviously showed up on my cc, but still.

Attached Images   

Last edited by 24left; Jun 9, 2017 at 6:36 pm