FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inexplicably, Mrs Flies Gets ExtortionCheck
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:38 am
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
And how well did that turn out for them, say in eastern europe or the soviet bloc? it's all part of the dustbin of history now.
It worked so well that the TSA copied it and employed it.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The TSA wanted an effective means to co-opt and divide and conquer, and that's why the TSA tried to bribe us with something like this. The high/increased effectiveness of such kind of system doesn't bode well for travel freedoms/rights. The TSA's nomenklatura system has become effective, and with it the TSA's desire to ramp up the invasions has done anything but dropped.

Don't we realize yet that PreCheck passengers too can end up subjected to more intensive "patdowns" the same as non-PreCheck passengers?

While I'll game the benefits of being in the ranks of the nomenklatura, I won't silence my opposition to the system that wants me to silence dissent.
How many people, even on the forum, whine & complain about the ExtortionCheck line being held up by somebody who doesn't know the system or tries to take out their laptop and freedom bag?

I could do a search and come up with plenty of examples in TS&S of quotes like: "I didn't complain because I didn't want to lose my PreCheck privileges..."

This whole set-up has worked like a charm for the TSA.