FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preview new posts prior to submitting reply? (Yes - "Preview Post")
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:34 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you click the 'Preview Post' button after composing a post (which is recommended) and scroll down, you will see any post which has been submitted while you are composing your post. It doesn't work if you use the Quick Reply option and involves an extra step but it is possible to check for any new post if you care to do so.
I often have posts composed or in process of being composed before I get the submit reply button hit. As the time between starting the post and submitting reply gets longer, the use of "submit reply" becomes less likely to result in a post showing up as may have commonly been anticipated when hitting "submit reply".

I think it's fair to say that most posts on FT are done independently of using that preview post button. And that's unlikely to change unless and until the user interface and processes around that are changed -- not that it makes sense to make this a priority development project.

I've used that "preview post" button for way less than 0.1% of my posts; and in the very rare instances where I've used it, it's been tied to using an unfamiliar feature or user error.