FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CheapOair.com refused to give me refund after canceling my tickets
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:50 pm
yux

Are you from Cheapoair?

I paid for my mistake. I costed me at least $50 for my mistake, maybe $105. Cheapoair got a bad reputation for refunding transaction fee in their pocket already. You can search the complains on web. Right after this bad experience, I used Expedia to book my flights instead. I made another mistake. I canceled it and no charge, then I booked my flights I wanted. I am very happy with Expedia. No more Cheapoair for me.

Originally Posted by paperwastage
look at these low postcount people.... but then again, people don't post unless they have something to complain about

here's my thoughts

normal/typical procedure...

next time, know your schedule before you book, or (if available) use those paid "fare lock/guarantee" options that some airlines have, or (if booking from USA more than 1 week away) book on an airline and use the 24hr cancellation waiver

again, normal/typical procedure... new flights have higher price, you have to top up

there may be change fees (charged by airline) in his quote, that's why it doesn't match. who knows?

again, normal....

refunds take time. even when buying directly from an airline. 4-6weeks isn't abnormal

(from google, china southern takes 12 weeks. you should chase the refund)