FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:03 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The point is I don't think they were allergic and just didn't want to sit by a pet.
While I have no doubt *some* people would fake such a thing, others actually will do a calculation depending on just *how* allergic they are and what they value more. Not everyone sees the world in terms of absolutes.

If your choice was D1 with a crying baby behind you or moving back to Y and you chose to remain in D1 I doubt you would claim you magically no longer found the sound of crying babies to be annoying

A friend of mine is fairly allergic to cats, but actually likes them a lot on account of having grown up with one or two (he's the middle child, and as he tells the story, the family basically said "sorry, the cats were here before you were" -- he also has a weird sense of humor so I'm not sure it was stated that bluntly )

Despite it making him sneezy for a while, he is friendly with the neighbors' cats and even lets them into his apartment.