FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:54 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was here on an overnight returning from Samui. Booked a Deluxe Suite, upgraded at check-in to what the agent described as a "Premier Suite." This is a two-room corner suite in the North tower (very similar to the photos in Part 5 in 24Left's review). The suite was really nice. Except: (1) light switch placement is not intuitive . . . I was constantly hunting for light switches; and (2) the TVs turn on automatically every time you enter the room. You have to affirmatively turn them off. Then they turn themselves back on. And in a suite, there are two of them, and they BOTH do this. Probably should have just unplugged them.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. They're really proud of the property . . . I was given impromptu tours of both the spa and the fitness center.

Lounge is a standout. Food quality very high. They have two chefs working happy hour and breakfast and fare is definitely beyond your typical lounge standard. I'd like to see a little more "lounge" seating (as opposed to 2 and 4 tops) but overall this has to be one of the best Marriott lounges in the world.

One major negative . . . WiFi in my room kept disconnecting to the point where it was not usable. (Marriott_Public in the lounge worked fine.) I called at night and they were unable to do anything (IT person had apparently left for the day). Mentioned the problem at check-out, and just got an apology (nor did the guy at the front desk seem surprised; my impression was he's heard this before).