FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CheapOair.com refused to give me refund after canceling my tickets
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:42 pm
paperwastage

look at these low postcount people.... but then again, people don't post unless they have something to complain about

here's my thoughts
Originally Posted by yux
I used Cheapoair for more than 10 years and got a bad experience recently. I booked a multi-stop ticket to China. About one hour later, I found I had a schedule conflict and would like to change my departing date. The easiest way to do that was to cancel the old one and booked a new one. I called Cheapoair, and the guy told me we would charge you $75 if you would cancel it. If we could change the schedule for you, there was no cancellation fee.
normal/typical procedure...

next time, know your schedule before you book, or (if available) use those paid "fare lock/guarantee" options that some airlines have, or (if booking from USA more than 1 week away) book on an airline and use the 24hr cancellation waiver

I provided him the new date, flight numbers I found on their web. I stayed on the phone for more than an hour, and finally the guy said it was done. He told me the price for the new ticket, and it was almost $300 more than that I found on their web.
again, normal/typical procedure... new flights have higher price, you have to top up

there may be change fees (charged by airline) in his quote, that's why it doesn't match. who knows?

I decided not to let him to change the tickets for me and cancel it anyhow. I paid the cancellation fee. It is already three weeks and I have not got refund for the transaction fee of purchasing the ticket yet. Very bad service.
again, normal....

refunds take time. even when buying directly from an airline. 4-6weeks isn't abnormal

(from google, china southern takes 12 weeks. you should chase the refund)

Last edited by paperwastage; Jun 7, 2017 at 6:50 pm