FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:34 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by diburning
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/06/qat...flight-review/

I can't tell if the reviewer is just that dumb, lying, or if he's dumbing it down for their dumb audience.

He wasn't sure how to transfer terminals... Wouldn't a normal traveler look this up ahead of time if they were connecting between airlines? He even admits to seeing the signs that says which buses go between terminals, yet still complains about it.

Most US airlines, especially American, who he flew in on, would have terminal maps on their mobile app as well as inflight magazine. Even if he didn't pick up on the fact that E is far away from B that he would have seen the map and realized that he could have cut through the central parking garage. He'd also see that Terminal C is right next to Terminal E, and is connected airside, so PreCheck would have been possible if he went through TSA at C.
That is puzzling. Even if I'd had a senior moment (can you have those yet at 43?) and just overlooked the obvious, it would be more helpful to readers to post tips like you mentioned.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
In his new 7 year anniversary post, kind of shameful/deceptive that he doesn't mention he sold the site to a credit card marketing company.
I guess it's like a couple who have been living a sham marriage of convenience for years but still put on a fancy anniversary party pretending that they're still in love, overlooking the cheating, the drug overdose and the time they took a 1 year "trial separation"?

TPG wasn't too bad in its early days, there were some occasionally helpful posts but it kinda veered off into shill territory pretty quick.