FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: ORD / Chicago O'Hare International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:09 pm
Nyurka

Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
49 minutes is not really a reasonable connection, it is possible you could make it but it would be really really tight. 1:45 is probably ok as long as are not required to check in and drop bags in Chicago with RJ and your first flight is on time..

RJ only has 1 flight a day (do they even fly to ORD everyday?), so I wouldn't want to chance missing the flight. I would probably want at least a two hour connection.
It turns out AA will not budge on finding award availability to complete the award res. So this will be a paid ticket to catch that flight from ORD, and an unprotected connection (used to be interlined and protected by OneWorld alliance but no longer). This also means having to collect bag and do bag drop. Can I still do it in 1hr 45 mins? If not what is the suggested layover (i know about separate tickets/consequences, but don't want a long layover just for that, just something reasonable.