FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:42 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
Of course I didn't like the answer. It doesn't do what you said it does. You said an "I or higher" search would give me the fare codes that qualify. It does not. In one case I just tried, it gives APP and FPP fares. Neither qualifies if it has to be an A or an I fare, right?

I am just following up on other people's replies that said there are more fares that show; they won't show you one if it costs more than another, unless you have a certificate on file. Again the "I or higher" does not seem to help at all.

J/C/D/I/Z fares are used on JFK-SFO/LAX/PDX/SEA/LAS/SAN/PHX/DEN non-stop routes. If you are interested in availability for those non-stop routes, you should use the "I or higher" search. For pretty much anything else, you want to do an "A or higher" search as most other routes use F/P/A/G fares for domestic F (including above routes that involve connections). The exception to the above rule in that domestic continuation flights of international flights also use J/C/D/I/Z fares. But these constitute a smaller subset of domestic flights. You can use flexible date search to search across a range of dates. Since it's an "or higher" search it can also bring up ineligible flight options (J/C/D or F/P). As mentioned in other thread, you can use ITA Matrix to search specifically for I or A fares. Note that you need 2 or more seats in the I or A bucket to use the cert.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 7, 2017 at 11:56 am