FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uberpool / Lyft Line good to use in San Francisco Area?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:48 am
squeakr
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Thoughts

Used Uber and lift since the beginning – I believe over four years now, and use UberPool almost exclusively over Lyft line. lyft has a horrible algorithm for picking up passengers on the line, and in my experience often has involved double backing to pick up a third passenger who is going nowhere near where the other two want to wind up.

That said I find UberPool to be about a 3rd to a half of what regular Uber will cost, i'm not sure if the OP is talking about a number of separate trips using uber pool or trying to coordinate this all in one or two pool rides?

As OcnVw1K commented you can do these trips on public transport, relatively inexpensively and pretty easily. But I understand wanting the convenience of riding in the car.

The exception is SFO to downtown – it's an eight dollar part ride and if you're traveling solo is a much better deal than Uber, UberPool or lift line. The difference from SFO to town in an UberPool is much less then the difference between an UberPool and uber x ride in San Francisco.

that's assuming there's no surge which affects UberPool is well.

Http://www.511.org

Great site to track how public transport can get you to your destinations with a number of factors – more walking, less walking, if you were transfers etc. They now show arrivals and departures on the SF muni system in real time so you can get a pretty good gauge of how long it will take you to get from place to place.

Last edited by squeakr; Aug 31, 2017 at 8:51 pm