FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:43 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LSunbury
The official comment from the Maldives is that the severing of diplomatic relations 'will not affect commercial and economic relations'. This is on the home page of the President's office.

So unless the situation escalates I guess flights DOH-MLE will continue.

I have flights booked on this route, but not until next year. Fingers crossed it is all resolved quickly and peacefully.
That's good news for everyone holding Maldives tickets on QR. I certainly wouldn't be buying a QR ticket to MLE, but at least vacations aren't ruined (yet).

Originally Posted by aktchi
I agree. While I won't be booking my Abu Dhabi to Jeddah flights on QR for some time, I also don't see any serious problem with trips like Chicago to Singapore. If the price is good, I would buy.
Well, you can certainly play the odds, and they're in your favor. But anyone who thinks there's not risk in buying future-date QR tickets is wrong, IMO. The situation there is NOT stable. It's the equivalent of buying a ticket on an airline that might, or might not, go bankrupt. The price might be good, but the risk is also higher.