FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using JAL points on EK
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:45 am
jiaogulan

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
I've been wondering the same thing. Tried calling JAL a couple of times to try and get information about it, but have not had much luck.

1st time calling lady would not give me any information regarding estimated charges for taxes, surcharges etc. She said she would have to be booking flight to see that and I don't currently have any JAL miles.

2nd time I called was a bit better. This time I told her I wanted to check availability for some routes. She seemed helpful enough so I tried further. She gave me some availability, mileage estimates and seemed to think the fees were reasonable, around $100, but again no solid answer. Stated she would need to be booking to see actual charges???

So this week I'm working on getting my miles transferred over and hopefully by end of next week I should be able to have an answer.

Just for information the route I was trying to book.

MEL > DXB(small layover) > FCO

So while not originating in DXB, I do have a segment that continues from DXB

I post again once I find any more information out.
Last week I booked BKK-DXB-MXP (stop)-JFK (stop)-DXB (stop)-BKK for 100,000 JAL miles. All Business class on EK A380.

Waited on hold for 20 minutes with LA call center but had an amazing agent once we got connected.

Taxes and fuel surcharges all together were $119.36. Aka, they did not charge a fuel surcharge.

I would encourage everyone to book these epic awards as soon as possible while they're still available. I hope we're talking about them 5 years from now, but somehow I doubt we will at the current insane values.