FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm SPG Platinum and need a complementary hotel chain
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:59 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Actually, IHG is probably the one that fits the OP's requirements. For example, midweek IC Madrid is about US$200, or apx US$250 for a Club room so you don't have to worry about the UPG issues and includes breakfast and evening F+B in the Club, and there are a variety of other IHG brands starting from US$70 and up. Same throughout Europe and in Russia, Central America, So AM, plus, nice coverage in US and Asia. Enough IC's to make it worthwhile, and the price points at the various brands are generally equal to or better than SPG's brand for brand. The OP could buy status by getting AMB for the IC's which comes with Gold on IHG Rewards. I know, not a big deal, but better than non-status stays to reach a decent elite level. Plus, IHG would probably match SPG status with a request. RA is nice but limited to IC properties and they made it more difficult to achieve recently, without appreciably improving the benefits. Though my 30 year old son did like the free minibar at the IC San Francisco where I rolled into town.

Never tried Accor, but have looked into their program and properties, and looks OK, just nothing really special.