FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:53 pm
lileor

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Aside from the obvious bad press mentioned, the actual flying experience with Sky Express is just fine - really no different from Olympic. They use all ATR's. Not new - all between 19 and 29 years old. the one I flew on recently was very clean and tidy as if it had been given a new interior fairly recently. The service was fine for just a 40 minute hop. I live at the end of an island airport and I see them fly in and out every day and they're pretty much always on time. I don't know if you have any status or not, but be aware that if you are *A Gold you CANNOT use the lounge at ATH for the Olympic flight (unless you are actually A3/OA Gold of course). The flights ATH-JTR are operated by Olympic NOT Aegean (although they are flown with an A3 aircraft).

One positive point you may not be aware of is that all Sky Express pax. departing ATH CAN use a lounge. OK, it's not up to the standard of some - pretty basic with not many facilities, but after a long journey you may be glad of somewhere quiet to relax and have a drink.
Thanks for sharing your personal experience. I did check the recent flight stats this morning for the ATH-JTR route and some other routes (within the last week) and they do appear to mostly land on time or maybe 10-15 minutes late.

Yes, I had read on the Sky Express website that their passengers can use the Melina Merkouri Lounge, which I thought was a nice perk.