FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips for someone about to become a real frequent traveler
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:15 am
Artpen100

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
  • Be rigorous in monitoring your diet and keeping it healthy enough that you don't start gaining weight. Careful with alcohol
  • Exercise regularly. I love the idea upthread about speedwalking through cities.
  • Be sure your family/friends know what they're getting themselves into with your absence
  • Try to settle on one airline/alliance for the bulk of your travel. Since you're in MAD, I assume that will be Iberia/BA/OneWorld
  • Get a lounge membership
  • Remember to take a vacation. Being in airports frequently is the best way to turn me into a foaming-at-the-mouth misanthrope.
Agree with all that. Especially walking through cities. Also:

Learn to travel as light as possible, while still taking what you need. A high quality, ultralight wheeled suitcase is worth it. (I prefer Titan.)

Do the research before you go on where you will be and how to get there - including downloading local metro apps, loungebuddy, gate guru, etc.

Have backup plans for when something goes wrong (e.g., BA). And don't get stressed when something goes wrong. Because it will.