FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:35 pm
BarryAZ

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
Yes, I get that -- wish their website was more functional -- I've other issues with the way the site operates.

Curiously, the paired flight combinations actually did offer true business class seating for the long haul flight nearly all the time. It was the AA portion (to Dallas, or Chicago, or Boston or (choose another hub) that was in economy -- that struck me as odd.

The Alaska site is better about flagging mixed class flying -- but has more of the issue you've noted -- where the long haul flight is downgraded to economy.

Originally Posted by rnsn
That is an annoying aspect of searching for award availability through the AA website. What's also annoying is the website showing Saver Business or Saver First availability, just to see that it's only the short regional jet portion of the trip that is in First and the rest of the itinerary (including the overseas portion) is in ECONOMY​.

You may have better luck calling in. As you know, the website only shows partner availability for only a handful of partners.