FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:23 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by stallion114
Is there an option to pay a fee of $XXX to take a wheelchair and cut security?

I dont see how this is the same at all.

Either I paid for the dog to go each time, or I got the certification to allow him to come. Either way he was going, the only difference was whether I paid $750 or $180.
If he was a large dog that didnt qualify to fly in the cabin it would be different because I would of been using the cert to gain an extra privilege, but due to his 7lb size he was allowed in the cabin anyway.
To be perfectly clear, your current line of argument is:
1. You have always been against animals on airplanes in general.
2. You do not actually have a need for an actual, trained ESA during travel (as evidenced by your previous trips without one and you being "totally okay with getting rid of ESA's and any animals in the cabin").
3. You encountered a situation where you needed/wanted to bring your pet dog with you on several flights.
4. Due to your personal needs, you looked up the in-cabin pet fee and found it to be too high to your liking.
5. Only after encountering #s 3 and 4 did you seek out a letter identifying your pet dog as an ESA.

Thus: Since YOU wanted to bring your pet dog along, but YOU didn't want to pay the clearly published fee, it is now okay for YOU to qualify your pet as an ESA for the sole reason of avoiding the fee.

Additionally: Though YOU disapprove of having animals in airplane cabins in general, such disapproval need not apply when YOU have a need/desire to bring YOUR pet along with you on *six* separate flights.

So you're aware, you aren't likely to win this argument in this particular forum. But by all means, please continue to try - your attempts to justify your actions are quite entertaining.