FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:24 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by pvn
Currently there's no such thing as a "fake" ESA.
Ok. Replace "fake" with "untrained" or "actually-just-a-pet".

Same end meaning - ESAs who are adequately trained to behave/react properly in a unusual situations will get certified. Other animals who are not trained as such will be unable to pass the tests that result in such certifications. And the cost/effort involved with such certifications will go a long way to deterring people from obtaining them unless there is a significant and legitimate need.

Originally Posted by lking
I've just read this article about the dog mauling in Atlanta on Saturday. I've only seen or heard about this from Flyertalk. I would be very concerned about the control Delta has over the news networks. I have not seen anything or heard anything about this from any news networks in Atlanta, not even from Fox5newsAtlanta.com. And... I am in Atlanta!

Of course I could have missed it, but one would think this would be big news.
The article linked in this very thread was from FOX 5, and I saw it on last night's 10pm local news.

If DL or any other airline had the type of control over news networks that you're suggesting, do you really think they'd allow the tidal wave of airline-bashing that's been going on lately?