FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmanZoe (Greece)
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:51 am
Musken

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Totally agree - as MacMyDay has said hotels have profited financially from his reviews on here so it really should follow that everyone has the right to post the negatives as well as the positives!

Jctrav mentions his great meal at the Poseidonion on Spetses - we have stayed (as has Musken) and it is a lovely place to stay especially to absorb some true Greek life. There are other restaurants with great food on the island as well. Talking about it makes me want to book another trip there! There are only a few suites and only one with a private pool I think. We just stay in a sea view room - the rates are very reasonable for these.
Yes, we loved Poseidoneon as well and the food there and elswhere at Spetses was miles better and miles cheaper than Amanzoe. Rooms at Poseidoneon are charming and comfortable. We had a family room which was basically two normal rooms with some sort of a hall turned into a living space in between. Location was brilliant, service very good and we loved the Greek charm of the island without too many tourists. All in all I preferred the stay here to Amanzoe, but Zoe is obviously much better when it comes to rooms, so I would go for a combination to get Greek flair, great food and some local beaches before heading to Zoe for some luxury.