FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:38 am
KLeM

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, FB Gold, BA Silver
Flew C on the new A330-300 from South African Airways last week followed by C on the upperdeck of the LH 747-8. South African is much better. Seats are longer and wider especially around the feet. In both cases I was seated at the window, but direct aisle access on the A330 was great. Also lots of space to place your belongings and the power socket is high up next to the seat and not down by your feet like on Lufthansa. What I haven't experienced in C was a topper provided along with the duvet like in F on LX. On Lufthansa I usually ask for an extra blanket to place on the seat before sleeping so I don't have to use the pillow which is way too thick. Comparing South African to LH, LH loses again. They should really improve their product if they want to keep competing with the Gulf carriers and a lot of the non-European carriers. The only luck LH has is that KLM / AF and some of the US carriers offer an ever worse product.