FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmanZoe (Greece)
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:04 am
jctrav

Just a quick update here after I had a discussion with Sven:
  • As with MacMyDay, he was very concerned and took notes throughout our conversation. I did get the impression that he was very disappointed.
  • To be fair, they made a very strong effort that evening to apologize and make things up to us, more than what was necessary given that most of our feedback was minor albeit all adding up. Clearly both Sven and the other management staff were disheartened by receiving multiple pieces of negative feedback in a single week and seemed genuinely interested in understanding where they could improve. As others have mentioned, they are very likeable and hospitable people and I felt bad giving such a nice person negative feedback. Also to be fair, management were much more present here compared to all of the other Aman's I've stayed at.
  • I also feel that they acted on MacMyDay's feedback since after he chatted with Sven earlier in the week, service tended to be more proactive at both the beach and pool.
  • I was still charged for the drinks I never received, and the shower didn't have hot water on our last morning, but I didn't want to raise a stink given that they already made such an effort.

I have to assume that things will improve under Sven in the coming months given how concerned they were, but I won't be returning myself anytime soon.