FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turnaround at HBE Alexandria Airport
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:48 am
cochinjew

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
HBE is as surrealistic as CAI but less threatening but always the feeling of being doomed, with petty officials making your transit less than pleasant (anxiety). QR staff excellent.
Inform the desk at DOH that you are doing a turnaround.
Let the Cabin Crew inform the ground staff that you are doing a turnaround.
They will assign you a person, who will take you through the Immigration and then to the QR desk to issue boarding pass (you may have your boarding pass issued in Doha as well)
MAKE SURE THAT SOMEONE TAKES YOU BACK TO THE DEPARTURE LOUNGE THROUGH IMMIGRATION AND SECURITY PERSONALLY. I was just pointed out and that is when the surrealistic episode started in the office of the Chief Immigration Officer (a caricature for a developing country). make sure like in CAI, an immigration officer or a QR employee is with you all the way through, until you clear security. HBE is a charming little airport, reminds you of the airports of yore, an open space and much less security conscious.
As someone had mentioned elsewhere, in May I did one CAI turn around and another HBE turnaround and on my DOH JFK flight i had SSSS in Doha, on my boarding pass. No problem entering USA with Global Entry. Enjoyable (especially as you get to use Al Safwa lounge at Doha on the outbound flight), short flights and excellent QR service