FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swissotel Sydney - Home away from home
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:52 am
superadrianme

Swissotel Sydney - Home away from home

Introduction Review of Swissôtel Sydney first appeared at https://supertravelme.com/hotels/hot...otel-sydney/.I visited Sydney in May 2017. Room The Swissôtel Sydney features 369 rooms and suites. It recently went through renovations and has since introduced 14 new Signature Skyline rooms and suites which I got the chance to take a look during my stay. It was my first encounter with the Swissôtel brand and unfortunately, I didn’t have much time to really enjoy the facilities at the hotel.My home for the night was in a newly renovated Swiss Executive Room located on level 25. The king Sealy bed features 300 count Frette linen and firm pillows offered me a good night’s rest fit for royalty. The room was spacious, the way I like it.The curvey white work desk by the windows had ample sunlight brightening it up. There were two electrical plugs good for Australian electronics. Don’t forget to bring your adapters. Good thing I brought an extension cord with three sockets. After putting in the adapter, I could only fit one. And try plugging in a Macbook charger.Didn’t really get to enjoy any television programmes on the 40″ LED television or the complimentary Nespresso coffee from the minibar that was cleverly hidden in an eye-catching white cabinet next to the television.I did like the art-deco style bathroom which features separate bath and shower. So in the cool Sydney weather, you may just enjoy a bath. Location The Swissôtel Sydney is conveniently located in the heart of Sydney’s central business district. The five-star hotel is just walking distance to Queen Victoria Building and Westfield Sydney. Funny enough, the QT Sydney that I have heard so much about was located directly opposite from the Swissôtel Sydney.In the evening, we took a leisurely stroll to Circular Quay for cocktails at the Hacienda at The Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour that offered panoramic views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Ended the night with a fabulous dinner at Scarlett located at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney – MGallery by Sofitel. Overall The Swissotel Sydney has a couple of facilities that would have come in handy if I had the time to use them. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi pool were very inviting.And the executive lounge was well equipped. Lots of different spaces to sit and relax over afternoon tea, or evening cocktails.This hotel has an amazing location right in the heart of Sydney CBD with many landmarks within walking distance. Rooms are spacious and recently renovated. It would be a hotel I would return the next time I visit Sydney.