FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:28 am
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
NorCal Safeway today claimed that it is cash only for $100 Visa Gift Card? First time I heard this one.

The cashier scanned the card and as I ran my card the cashier said "wait I am going to see if we can take credit for that" and disappeared. She went behind the customer service and asked someone in an office back there about it. Meanwhile the system processed my payment card and the signature prompt came up so I signed and it printed out the receipt and activation slip. The cashier came back and said "they told me it is cash only." I said, "well I've never heard of that before here..." Then the cashier asked me why I was buying a Visa Gift Card. I pointed out to her the $10 discount and that it was $95.95 for a $100 gift card. She seemed to understand that and just said, "whatever, since your credit card went through at least you paid for it, lots of people come here and don't even pay for their things." I asked what that was all about and she pointed to the doors and said people walk out all the time with carts of stuff. Okay then.