FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Temporarily Impaired: Vacationing in New England
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
navi_jen

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Thanks all.

LM225...thanks for the greater context on IBTS. Sounds like it's a no go.

Kage....Point is out. It's precisely what I am looking for, but the price point is just too high for a single. Not that I couldn't, but I would not feel comfortable (my small town Midwestern sensibility is nagging at me!). I just need to find 'the' hubby, what a perfect week or weekend that would be!

This is my current thinking:

Week 1: Wentworth by the Sea on points. I so wish the main house rooms had balconies, as the idea of walking right from my room onto a porch oceanside is my idea of heaven. I may opt for a room in the new building just so I can do just that. It's a old building (love), 4 star hotel in gorgeous location, has two pretty pools, the food gets high marks, it has an onsite spa, and service seems to be favorable, particularly if you have status (which I do). And, I can run into Portsmouth if I get bored.

Week 2: Transfer to either Lake Placid Lodge, Weekapaug or Ocean House.

Erika...The Lake Placid main lodge rooms seem a bit 'kitchy' in their pictures. The cabins less so. Is that assumption correct? Also, do you know how far of a walk it is from the cabins to the main lodge? Do you think it is navigable on a knee scooter (I am only worried if it's a steep incline).

All...have some questions about the Ocean House.

1. How upscale is the 'vibe' and dress code at Ocean House? My likely dress code for the week would be bermudas and a t-shirt (and my Keen river runners).
2. Am I going to be the only one not dressed in their linen-clad finest? Particularly at meals.
3. Am I correct there is no pool?
4. Any feedback on spa services?

Weekpaug probably is more my style, but I like that Ocean House is on the ocean and has a bit more things to do. Castle Hill has not returned two separate contacts, off the list. Hidden Pond is out, I want waterside (thank you, though, LM, it's added to my mental list for future trips!). Migis has availability (thank you Kage), but it seems like one of those places that might be more fun when I'm more mobile.

Cliffside Beach Club in Nantucket is the only other option I am still looking into. Only concern there is if there is enough dining variety, given my mobility limitations.

As much as my doctor may hate it, I am SO debating getting my convertible out from under the covers for this trip. The only time EVER I wish I had automatic transmission.

Decisions, decisions

Last edited by navi_jen; Jun 3, 2017 at 12:39 pm