FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2017: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:43 pm
BigE

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Does anyone know a solution to this service charge problem? Amoma includes the service charge in the base price (at least for Aloft Bangkok), but the SPG BRG team won't take that into account. It was still approve, but I'm paying more than what it should be.

It's obvious that amoma includes the service charge in the base price because (a) they only add tax on top of that, not the service charge, and (b) the 7.7% tax they add comes out exactly right only after you first remove the 10% service charge. i.e., no tax on the service charge

I did ask for a second look, but they didn't acknowlege any of my arguments. I can't tell whether (a) they don't understand, or (b) as a rule, they don't take such things into account.

They also seem to see different prices than me, though I'm trying to fight only one battle at a time.

disclaimer: SPG's BRG program is still the best, in my opinion, even if it's not perfect.